Plan of Action & General Information for Participants
Weather will be monitored prior to and during the event in the events Command Center directly behind the stage area. The Festival director will be in hourly contact with the National weather service (Based in Springfield, Mo), the Greene County Emergency Management, and the City of Rogersville Police Department. In the case of a severe weather event, such as high winds, severe lightning, tornadoes or a tornado warning, the event may be postponed or cancelled.
The Festival Board of Directors (further referred to as IC) will make a recommendation along with the festival director regarding postponements or cancellations of the event whether the event is in progress or before it begins. Festival Director (further referred to as IC also) will communicate the decision to postpone or cancel “Light the Way” volunteers and participates via two-way radios, speaker system (PA) from the main stage, the partnering news and radio stations, and or by whatever means possible.
Light the Way will have trained volunteers deployed at the “Info Booth”, Cooling Zones” and an EMS (First Responders) booth to inform participants of any reports necessary to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BE AWARE OF “WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF”:
• LIGHTNING: Avoid open fields, the top of a hill, or a ridge top. Stay away from tall, isolated trees or other tall objects. If you are in a group, spread out to avoid the “current” traveling between group members. All Inflatables wet or dry will be shut down and roped off and all power sources will be disconnected until lightning or the threat of lightning has left the area. Stay away from Water, wet items, and metal objects, such as fences and poles.
• TORNADOES: Get to a noticeably lower level than the level of the roadway such as a ditch, gully, culvert. Lie in that area covering your head with your arms and hands. If near a wooded area, head for the lowest depression you can find. Curl into a fetal position to make your body the smallest target possible. DO NOT TRY TO OUTRUN A TORNADO. Shelter Locations Attached!
PARTICIPANT’S IN NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION
A recovery tent will be in the area (designated by event mapping document) staffed by medical personnel throughout the event. If they are injured and want help, have that person notify the nearest volunteer (Identified by designated apparel). Volunteers will notify IC of the problem, with as many details as possible. IC will request ambulance personnel and the local first responders to respond to the location.
A medical unit will be available to transport the participant to the nearest / or requested medical facility by the patient or family member, if needed, to the recovery tent area. Advanced Life Support ambulances and crew will be posted in the “Cooling Zone” area throughout the festival.
GATES OPEN AT 4 PM FRIDAY & 3 PM SATURDAY – EVENT RUNS UNTIL 11:00 PM
EARLY ARRIVAL IS RECOMMENDED – REMEMBER TO STAY HYDRATED -THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT – PLEASE BE PREPARED – WE CAN NOT CONTROL THE WEATHER!
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL RULES SUBJECT TO SECURITY DISCRETION. ALL PATRONS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A RANDOM SEARCH BY TRAINED SECURITY PRIOR TO ENTRY IF A NEED SHALL ARISE.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the site.
- There is no camping or RV parking available on-site and patrons must vacate the festival site at the conclusion the festival.
- NO pop-up tents allowed
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Away, etc.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas
- Due to Location restriction, no pop-up tents allowed
- No Animals (Unless a Service Animal, but most show proof)
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- Lawn Chairs
- Bags / Backpacks (May be check at gate)
FREE WATER STATION
Keeping hydrated is a major part of attending Light the Way in July! Light the Way has several vendor that will be selling Bottled Water throughout the festival.
Staying hydrated is key! You will be able to bring an empty reusable; clear plastic water bottles up to 2L into the site. It will be up to the vendors on site to refill with or without charging. Glass and metal containers will not be permitted onto the site.
Remember, the reusable bottles not only save your body but save our environment by reducing the number of plastic bottles used at Light the Way!
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Food and beverage vendors will be located throughout the site with different options to choose from. If you wish to bring your food, it must be prepackaged. Food packed in plastic, glass containers, or Ziploc bags will be confiscated. 1 factory sealed plastic, water bottle up to 2L will be allowed.
There will be an ATM located onsite. Closes to the Festival Informational Booth.
LOST & FOUND
During the event, Lost and Found will be located at the Light the Way Info Booth. Once Light the Way has ended, any Lost & Found inquiries should be directed to email@example.com
SAFETY & MEDICAL
We make every effort to create a safe environment. Public and private security, as well as medical staff, will be present throughout the entire weekend. If you need any assistance, please look for medical signs, seek out someone from the event staff team, event security or medical team. First Aid tent and a cooling zone staff with trained professionals will be onsite in Vendor Lane areas and throughout the festival grounds.
ENTRY & SECURITY
Security officers will be working inside and outside of the event. All narcotic laws will be strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone (See Map).
Enhanced security efforts will be in place throughout the entire weekend. A team of safety officers will be patrolling the site and entrance areas to ensure a safe and secure festival experience for all.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRUG USE OR POSSESSION
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue. Security officers will be working both areas and enforcing all drug related laws. Do not bring any illegal substances to the event as violators will be prosecuted fully of the law. If you are showing signs of intoxication before entering the venue, you will be refused entry. Event staff reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please come with a smile and be prepared to enjoy the day of music, hearing the word, and God to move in your life at this year’s Light the Way “FREE CHRISTIAN MUSIC FESTIVAL!”